Lupin Falafel Balls
150g Lupin grits
25g Plain our
50g Fresh coriander
50g Italian parsley
1 tbs Cumin powder
1⁄2 tbs Baking powder
chopped 50g spring onions (greens only)
Oil for deep frying
SOURCE: GIWA Australian Sweet Lupin Recipes
1. Soak lupin grits in hot water for 20 min.
2. Drain the soaked lupin and rinse in
a running cold water.
3. Mix all the ingredients lupin, coriander, spring onions and parsley in a blender and make into smooth paste.
4. Season with cumin and salt.
5. Stir the baking powder in the above mix.
Heat the oil to 180 C.
6. Roll the falafel mix into small balls
about 30-40 gms.
7. Flatten slightly and deep fry
them in hot oil.
8. Temperature of the oil should be adjusted according to the size of the falafel balls.